- Rajiv Pant
- राजीव पंत
- ராஜிவ் பாண்ட்
How to pronounce my full name
- raa-JEEV pu-nt
- JEEV sounds like: leave.
- pu-nt sounds like: hunt.
- IPA: /ˈrɑːdʒiːv ˈpʌnt/ (ASCII: ra:dZi:v p^nt)
My Grandmother gave me my nickname by combining Hindi and Sanskrit terms to mean a loved son.
Family & Home
Places I’ve called home
- Manhattan, New York City
- Atlanta, Georgia
- San Francisco Bay Area, California
- Philadelphia & Ardmore, Pennsylvania
- Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) Campus, New Delhi, India
- Bhowali, Nainital, Uttarakhand, India
Languages I know
Primary fluency / bilingual proficiency (level 5)
- Hindustani हिन्दुस्तानी and Hindi हिंदी
- I can read and write the Devanagari देवनागरी script and am fluent in the style of Hindustani that derives from the Sanskrit language, also known as Hindi.
Professional working proficiency (level 3)
- Urdu اردو
- I can understand and speak casual Urdu, but can not yet read nor write the Nastaliq script.
Elementary proficiency (level 1)
- I can speak and understand a handful of sentences.
- Tamil தமிழ்
- I can read and write the script, but do not speak nor understand most of the words.
- Sanskrit संस्कृत
- I can read and write the Devanagari देवनागरी script and understand some Sanskrit.
No proficiency (level 0)
- Mandarin Chinese
- I aspire to learn.